Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum

Greetings Reader!
Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum:
There is no need for a little background for this product. This is my favorite scent! Created by Chanel in 2001, this fragrance was designed to capture a younger audience of Chanel perfume fans. I can't say that I'm a big fan of Chanel's perfumes in general (I think most of them are too strong), but this one I fell in love with immediately.

Coco Mademoiselle is not as subtle a fragrance as the Bvlgari BLV Pour Femme. I would say that it is more of a moderate coverage fragrance with slight sweet, floral, and musky notes. Specifically, it has top notes of Orange, Bergamot, and Grapefruit. Medium notes of Litchi, Rose, and Italian Jasmine, with base notes of Haitian Vetiver, Indonesian Patchouli, Bourbon Vanilla, and White Musk. I can honestly say that I've never come across anything else that smells like this perfume. It's unique and beautiful and perfect for any woman who wants to feel the same way.

When I first tried in on in the store, I felt like I was wearing an old Hollywood fragrance because of how glamorous and sexy it smells. And I always use this scent when I'm trying to make a statement. But it is not an overpowering scent. I know some people like fragrances that when you walk in the door you can smell it. And even after you've left, the scent lingers for several minutes. (Or perhaps that's just the people who use the elevators in my apartment). I'm not that kind of perfume wearer. I prefer scents that when you're giving someone a hug or are in close proximity to someone that they can smell the perfume. But when I leave or when I'm standing an average distance away from someone that they can't smell my fragrance. I know it annoys me when I'm chatting with someone 3 or 4 feet away from me and I can perfectly smell their fragrance. When you can smell it that far away from someone, then I think the fragrance is just too overpowering or you've applied too much.

Bottom line:
Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum is $85 for 1.7 oz or $115 for 3.4 oz. A little goes a long way and this is also a long lasting fragrance with more than 12 hours of continuous coverage. This does come in an Eau de Toilette, but I think that the Eau de Toilette smells like poo. It is a completely different scent in the Eau de Toilette compared to the Eau de Parfum. Try both of them out the next time you're looking to sample fragrances, but don't forget that I warned you about the Eau de Toilette.

I hope this helps. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment